This is my grandma Diane’s recipe. She makes them in bulk so there is always enough to share.
Makes 6-7 dozen cookies Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup corn oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Cream sugars, butter and oil together.
2. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add the flour one cup at a time while stirring.
4. Add the salt, baking soda and cream of tartar. Mix well.
5. Stir oatmeal, Rice Krispies and walnuts into the batter by hand.
6. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
7. Drop onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets using an ice cream scoop or a generous tablespoon rolled into balls.
8. Press gently with small glass bottom dipped in white sugar.
9. Bake 15 minutes – checking and rotating pan after 8 minutes – until light brown.
10. Enjoy warm or send a package of fresh cookies to a friend.